Thursday, February 16, 2017

Letter Of Advice

Dear he/she Columnist, As a school teacher with problems of my own. I am asked by a distress older woman to teach her god son to be a man before he dies. Now confused on the idea of teaching someone else to become a man in a short amount of time. The court system is charging him with death of a white man, only because he was at the wrong place with the wrong people. I am confused on what is a man to be, do I even know what a actual man. I ask myself if it is worth it, Jefferson the young man believes he is a hog, only because white man said it. In our first meet he would act nonchalant and would ignore me. How am I able to teach someone as stubborn as he? How am I suppose to fulfill miss Emma's wishes, if her God son has put in his mind that he is just a "hog", when I brought in dinner, Jefferson decides to demonstrate how was just a hog and not human like everyone else by only eating without his hand and eating sloppily like a animal. What are some ways that I can get through this young man to let him know he worth something, he is a black "man" and is proud of it, instead of what he is label as "hog"? How to get through such a stubborn mind as his? Thank you, Grant.

No comments:

Post a Comment