Monday, January 16, 2017

Blog post assignment 1

My name is santiera Lacey, I am 17 years young. Hopefully by next year I will actually have an idea of what I want my future career to be. My goals in life is to be successful and comfortable in life. I do not need to be wealthy to be happy. But, even though I do not have a set career just yet, I do want to attend the Air Force if I can not decide what my career is. I have a few hobbies, one is reading, I love to read a lot especially books on African Americans and our history. Another hobby I am infatuated with psychology, in my free time I enjoy reading on how the human mind function, it is one of the most interesting things I had ever read and researched. In 2017 I hope to finish my eleventh grade year with at least a 4.0 GPA, and I hope to have a great rest of the year making new friends and learning new things. As we go into 2017 a lot has changed over the last decade or two, one is that over the years we had a African American leader as our president. Martin Luther king jr. dream was to have all people equal and treated the same whether you are black, white, yellow, orange. Every skin color matter and should be treated just as equal because we all bleed the same and we all are going to be buried the same no matter what. As I think about Martin Luther king jr. today, I see his dream has finally come true, even though we still fight for other rights at least something has finally changed for the better. Today we celebrate his birthday and victories he has been fighting for years, has finally became a reality.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your post! Joining the Air Force is a good career choice; I hope you are very successful. Great commentary on Dr. King's speech! It is true that we are much better off than we were decades ago.

    ReplyDelete